Whether we’re ready or not, we’re halfway through April. Before we know it–in a little over two months–it’s going to be summer!
Last night, to kick-off my summer fitness plan, I went out and got myself a one-last-horrah-dip-cone from Dairy Queen. Did you know that they discontinued the butterscotch flavor? Rude. I got chocolate instead.
So today, April 13th, was Day One of my plan (it’s also exactly one month until my Birthday). I took ‘before’ pictures and everything. My goal is to lose a significant amount of body fat and tone muscle in time for summer. Ideally, I’d like to lose 15-20 pounds. Since I’ve heard that 90% of body fat loss is attributed to diet, that will be the most important aspect that I focus on during the next two months. I’m sure you’re all wondering what exactly my plan is, so let me give you a quick run-down.
- No more muffins, no cookies, no ice cream, no candy. Nothing in the junk food zone.
- Small meal portions.
- Snack (healthily) often.
- Limit of one diet soda per day. Drink water in its place.
- Eat mostly fruit, vegetables and lean protein.
For Month 1:
- Any level of Jillian’s 30-Day Shred (I want to see if it works), 5 days a week.
- A different workout of my choice 1-2 days a week.
- Me and my friend Kenzie are going to try a FREE week of yoga classes at Core Power in Portland.
For Month 2:
- Challenging workout of my choice 6 days a week.
- Take various fitness classes (spinning, zumba, yoga, aerobics).
After my first 30 days are over on May 13th (my Birthday), I plan on taking another set of ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures and going out for a celebratory Birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Oh yes, I will be eating cheesecake and pasta on my Birthday. Then, I will proceed on with the next 30 days and take more pictures at the end of round two. Don’t worry, I’ll post all my results pictures despite how unsightly they might be.
I’ll be trying plenty of new recipes and exercise routines so be sure to check back. Also, I’m interested in hearing about healthy recipes and good fitness classes in the Portland area. If you have any suggestions feel free to leave them in a comment.
Wish me luck…actually, don’t wish me luck. Wish me strength and will power.